Noun(1) a shoulder firearm with a long barrel and a rifled bore
Verb(1) steal goods; take as spoils(2) go through in search of something; search through someone's belongings in an unauthorized way
(1) Officers believe all five victims were shot at random from a distance with high-velocity bullets probably fired by a rifle .(2) Jamie Barrow concluded the scoring when he scampered onto Smith's pass to rifle the ball past Knowles.(3) By today's standards, the Winchester 1886 was a huge rifle weighing about nine pounds.(4) It is believed the thieves rifle letters for money or anything they can cash in, with birthday cards particular targets.(5) Berlitz heard two rifle shots at his back and braced himself for the pain.(6) I used to be a pretty decent rifle shot when I was at camp.(7) If infantry attacks on foot, defending troops cut off infantry from tanks and destroy it with machine-gun and automatic rifle fire.(8) If you might have to fire a rifle or shotgun indoors, keep your hearing protection near the gun.(9) Squeeze or squeezing of the trigger is the third element of rifle marksmanship.(10) a hunting rifle(11) We pondered and poured over catalogs until we knew every rifle then available.(12) Maurice snorted, moving the cloth up and down the gleaming rifle barrel.(13) With scope and the supplied nylon sling, the empty rifle weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces.(14) He could rifle that ball to the outside as fast as anybody.(15) At this time, the Marine Corps began to stress rifle marksmanship.(16) Drummond hobbled off, returning with a cigar in his mouth and an automatic rifle in his hands.
(1) sniper rifle :: skerpskut geweer
(2) assault rifle :: aanvalsgeweer
(3) air rifle :: lug geweer
(4) hunting rifle :: jaggeweer
(5) rifle shooting :: geweer skiet
(6) rifle grenade :: geweer granaat
(7) automatic rifle :: outomatiese geweer
1. firearm ::
2. rummage ::
3. burgle ::
4. strip ::
5. go ::
rifle, rifled, rifles, rifling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and fired on me with
what I ascertained to be
an M16 assault RIFLE.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
Sit down. Now calm down, the three of you,
otherwise, a blow with the RIFLE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
And then... you see him on TV
with a RIFLE, shooting,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 6
This RIFLE is for big-game hunting,
not for birds.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
...a marshmallow-shooting RIFLE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 4
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: rifle
Meaning and definitions of rifle, translation in Afrikaans language for rifle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of rifle in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "rifle"
What rifle means in Afrikaans, rifle meaning
in Afrikaans, rifle definition, examples and pronunciation
of rifle in Afrikaans language.