Noun(1) the sport of sitting on the back of a horse while controlling its movements(2) travel by being carried on horseback
Verb(1) sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions(2) be carried or travel on or in a vehicle(3) continue undisturbed and without interference(4) move like a floating object(5) harass with persistent criticism or carping(6) be sustained or supported or borne(7) have certain properties when driven(8) be contingent on(9) lie moored or anchored(10) sit on and control a vehicle(11) climb up on the body(12) ride over, along, or through(13) keep partially engaged by slightly depressing a pedal with the foot(14) copulate with
(1) She specialises in conveyancing, probate, wills and matrimonial work, and in her spare time enjoys skiing, sailing, riding , theatre and eating out.(2) Her dress was grey and sensible, and so perfect for riding provided she didn't rip or muddy it.(3) There are several sports which involve spinal risk, including horse riding and football, especially rugby union and league.(4) An election in the disputed riding saw William McCullock, the man who should have been awarded the seat in the first place, lose to newcomer Victor Timbro.(5) Most issues do not involve a clear choice between riding and party and it is not easy to determine majority opinion in a riding , even if its MP wanted to.(6) Bike riding, skateboarding and horseback riding are all sports that require helmets.(7) She rode out whenever she could, needing to feel the freedom riding afforded her.(8) The immediate area provides some great walking, and the house is a perfect base for fishing, golf, riding , sailing or cycling.(9) Holly's riding seemed to be one graceful motion to Kate.(10) However, those with a penchant for riding have been able to complete the course within three months.(11) The hotel's Gate Lodge Spa has massage and beauty treatments for men and women, and golf, falconry, clay pigeon shooting and horse riding is available nearby.(12) A TESTING 75-mile marathon on horseback is part of a showcase event from the sport of endurance riding set to take place in the Lake District this summer.(13) Mr Toews has run a positive campaign and presented his ideas and his beliefs for the riding and for Canada.(14) Thus, the school emphasized riding and sports to the detriment of analytical study.(15) We are now seeing that groups involved in pony clubs, equestrian events, and cross-country riding are being included in the horse racing industry.(16) Clumsy children may be encouraged to participate in sports such as swimming and horseback riding to help them experience some athletic success.
(1) ride :: rit
(2) horse riding :: Perdry
(3) horseback riding :: Perdry
(4) riding crop :: karwats
(5) riding boots :: rystewels
(6) riding a bicycle :: ry 'n fiets
(7) bull riding :: bul ry
(8) riding horse :: ryperd
(9) riding school :: ryskool
(10) riding hat :: ry hoed
(11) riding jacket :: ry baadjie
1. horseback riding ::
2. equitation ::
3. sit on ::
4. travel ::
5. drive ::
6. sit ::
7. hinge on ::
8. mount ::
9. taunt ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Lady Melisandre
was just seen RIDING out of camp.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
Willem came RIDING back into town.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
I've had years of practice
RIDING the dragon.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
By the way,
it isn't like RIDING a bike.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
And I saw Jabba the Hutt
RIDING on a motorcycle.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: riding
Meaning and definitions of riding, translation in Afrikaans language for riding with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of riding in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "riding"
What riding means in Afrikaans, riding meaning
in Afrikaans, riding definition, examples and pronunciation
of riding in Afrikaans language.