(1) From 1983 to 1987 the 5th Brigade were given a free hand to rid Matabeleland of the perceived threat.(2) boil the peel to rid it of bitterness(3) she couldn't wait to be rid of us(4) But young people are fighting back in South Yorkshire and today will descend on London, seeking to rid their county of its unwanted image.(5) The concentration camp system also claimed millions of non-Jewish victims, though their murder was not part of the same plan as that devised to rid Europe of Jews for ever.(6) It has been discovered that the vitamin has the ability to rid your body of the free radicals that sometimes prevent oxygen being pumped around your limbs.(7) By learning some simple facts about weeds, you can put yourself in a much better position to rid your garden of these unwanted guests.(8) They have delivered real change on the ground and rid communities of the scourge of drugs.(9) The increase comes as a blow to health and education officials who have spent the past three years trying to rid Southampton of its unwanted title as the south's teenage pregnancy hot spot.(10) we now have the greatest chance ever to rid the world of nuclear weapons(11) A CAMPAIGN to rid Grimsby of abandoned cars has resulted in more than 50 unwanted vehicles being handed over in the first 10 days.(12) Although washing and drying rids the bottles of bacteria, frequent washing accelerates the breakdown of plastic bottles made from polyethylene terephthalate, releasing toxins into the water.(13) According to medieval hagiography, Patrick's powers also encompassed raising the dead, conjuring snow on a summer's day and, of course, ridding Ireland of snakes.(14) The beleaguered authority is to discuss the way forward in ridding the city of unwanted homes, which are magnets to vandals, at a meeting next Monday.(15) Touchwood sees the illegitimate child he has fathered as ├ö├ç├┐a half a yard of flesh├ö├ç├û and, relieved to be rid of it with just a small financial outlay, he remarks ├ö├ç├┐and would I were rid of all the wares in the shop so├ö├ç├û.(16) No, you threw it in the garbage, and you felt relieved and refreshed to be rid of it.
(1) get rid of :: raak ontslae van
(2) get rid :: ontslae raak
(3) to get rid of :: om ontslae te raak van
(4) rid of :: ontslae van
(5) get rid off :: raak ontslae van
(6) getting rid :: ontslae te raak
(7) getting rid of :: om ontslae te raak van
(8) be rid of :: ontslae te raak van
1. clear ::
2. free ::
3. purge ::
4. empty ::
5. strip ::
1. burden ::
2. encumber ::
3. saddle ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Get RID of him.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 1
There won't be any room until they get RID
of the permanent Leslie Winkle exhibit.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
and then get RID of him.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
Thanks. Tell them you killed me
and you got RID of the body.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
They will all leave together
and will RID us of a problem.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: rid
Meaning and definitions of rid, translation in Afrikaans language for rid with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of rid in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "rid"
What rid means in Afrikaans, rid meaning
in Afrikaans, rid definition, examples and pronunciation
of rid in Afrikaans language.