Noun(1) a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing(2) payment made in return for a service rendered(3) an act performed to strengthen approved behavior(4) the offer of money for helping to find a criminal or for returning lost property(5) benefit resulting from some event or action
Verb(1) bestow honor or rewards upon(2) strengthen and support with rewards(3) act or give recompense in recognition of someone's behavior or actions
(1) The presentation party welcomed 120 juveniles and their families to Carlow Town Hurling Club to reward a busy year for the club.(2) Pleasure is usually a reward for behaviour patterns that are good for survival and reproduction.(3) We believe collective licensing ensures that authors, artists and publishers receive a fair reward for the use of their works, while providing users with access to a wealth of published material.(4) the holiday was a reward for 40 years' service with the company(5) Since June I have visited many bases and units and have heard from many of you as to how we can do our jobs better, be better recognised for effort and enjoy suitable reward for service.(6) Both see a system that doesn't reward quality, whether it's apples grown with Integrated Pest Management or tender lean beef.(7) Their success is the fair reward for the long hours of practice.(8) The charge came just hours after Crimestoppers announced it was offering its biggest-ever reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the killers.(9) Tactically, bear market rallies reward buyers of low quality stocks, which tend to be highly geared and react sharply to such short-lived momentum.(10) That is not something the political process is designed to reward these days.(11) For this disinterested behaviour their reward has been a campaign of vilification and innuendo which has left both of them feeling angry and betrayed.(12) the police are offering a reward of several thousand pounds for the rapist's capture(13) In a report to the meeting, the panel says the current allowances, adding up to a total of Ôö¼├║83,000-a-year, are not a fair reward for councillors.(14) To help encourage people to have children, and to help them better afford quality childcare and to reward the investment they make in society, parents should be given a tax cut.(15) Both employees received an all-expenses paid holiday to Barbados as a reward for their efforts.(16) The Royal Bank of Scotland today offered a Ôö¼├║15,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the two robbers.
(1) monetary reward :: geldelike beloning
(2) encourage and reward :: moedig en te beloon
(3) reward point :: beloning punt
(4) offer a reward :: bied 'n beloning
1. recompense ::
2. advantage ::
4. reinforcement ::
5. recompense ::
6. honor ::
7. reinforce ::
reward, rewarded, rewarding, rewards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Sansa Stark is a finer
REWARD than you could ever dare hope for.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
We have to
REWARD the hounds, love.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
As a REWARD for betraying Robb Stark
and slaughtering his family.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
There's only one REWARD I want.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
- My father's a lord. He'll REWARD you.
- She'll REWARD me - the queen!
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: reward
Meaning and definitions of reward, translation in Afrikaans language for reward with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of reward in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "reward"
What reward means in Afrikaans, reward meaning
in Afrikaans, reward definition, examples and pronunciation
of reward in Afrikaans language.