Noun(1) water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere(2) drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds(3) anything happening rapidly or in quick successive
Verb(1) precipitate as rain
(1) Before long, heavy drops of rain began to pour on the barren landscape.(2) The whole of the previous week had been glorious weather and then, yesterday, the temperature had dropped right down and freezing rain had poured down from the skies.(3) Winter storms normally bring ordinary rain, freezing rain and sleet as well as snow.(4) It poured with rain continually; there were floods in the north of the country.(5) Our planet is incessantly bombarded with a rain of cosmic rays, charged stable particles, such as protons and electrons.(6) the rain had not stopped for days(7) Few of us walk into the office to a rain of boos or are subjected nightly to the possibility of public failure and humiliation.(8) It was odd that not too far away, it was probably pouring rain , while it was humid and sunny where Kace stood.(9) He looked up at the sky, and several more drops of rain fell on his face.(10) Soon she felt the first drops of rain begin to fall, and within minutes she was soaked to the skin, her hair clinging heavily to her neck and back.(11) he fell under the rain of blows(12) At that point, a rain of fire and bullets hit us, shutting up forever the cheerful voices of a few minutes earlier.(13) The Cityboys formed a rough circle, ignoring the rain of lead that fell on them from above.(14) it was beginning to rain(15) Weather effects like sand storms or heavy rain and snowfall shorten your units' line of sight and cut their air supply.(16) Unlike Kuiper belt comets, Oort cloud comets can rain down on the inner solar system from any angle and any direction.
(1) to rain :: om te reën
(2) rain forest :: reënwoud
(3) acid rain :: suurreën
(4) heavy rain :: swaar reën
(5) light rain :: ligte reën
(6) pouring rain :: gietende reën
(7) rain cats and dogs :: reën katte en honde
(8) after the rain :: na die reën
(9) in the rain :: In die reen
(10) rain shower :: reënbui
1. rainfall ::
2. shower ::
3. pelting ::
4. rainwater ::
5. pour ::
6. fall ::
7. rain down ::
rain, rained, raining, rains
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It looks like RAIN.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 9
In the wind, in the RAIN...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
That's 1.5 billion handsome lads
standing by, waiting to RAIN on your parade.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
Your words fall like acid RAIN
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
The RAIN will fall on your rotting skin...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: rain
Meaning and definitions of rain, translation in Afrikaans language for rain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of rain in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "rain"
What rain means in Afrikaans, rain meaning
in Afrikaans, rain definition, examples and pronunciation
of rain in Afrikaans language.