Noun(1) any area of the body that is highly sensitive to pain (as the flesh underneath the skin or a fingernail or toenail
Adjective(1) accomplished rapidly and without delay(2) hurried and brief(3) moving quickly and lightly(4) apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity(5) performed with little or no delay(6) easily aroused or excited
Adverb(1) with little or no delay
(1) It doesn't exactly hurt when they dig but it is uncomfortable like when you chew a nail down to the quick .(2) In this novel, Beverly Lamark is a successful mystery writer with a quick temper and acerbic wit.(3) Best wishes to Eilish Marren who sustained a broken ankle recently and we wish her a speedy recovery and a quick return to the playing field.(4) Troy Stevenson, a murderer, was formerly a big man in the drug business with a quick temper and a bigger attitude.(5) We've got excellent linebackers because of the speed there, and we're fast and quick up front.(6) Her bearing has turned to reserve, her normally quick eyes dull and watery.(7) And it is that a company can play quick and fast with procedural rules, and escape action.(8) If you suffer from either type of sinusitis, our quick fixes offer fast relief.(9) The PRSI changes cut to the quick of a constituency that she and her party hold dear.(10) Sherlock Holmes's quick eye took in my occupation, and he shook his head with a smile as he noticed my questioning glances.(11) ├ö├ç├┐He's pretty quick on the uptake,├ö├ç├û she replied.(12) I got away quick , which was down to the nerves, the aggression, the excitement and the adrenalin.(13) So, being quick and bright, she explains that she meant ├ö├ç├┐hard-working people├ö├ç├û.(14) The set was two and a half hours of music with a twenty-minute interval for drinks and some quick reprogramming of the lights and video projectors.(15) Mary, who never received any domestic training from her mother at home, marries Jack, a business executive with a quick temper.(16) They know her and her flaws - a quick temper, a dicey sexual past - too well for that.
(1) be quick :: wees vinnig
(2) quick search :: vinnige soektog
(3) quick time :: vinnige tyd
(4) quick start :: vinnige begin
(5) quick look :: vinnige blik
(6) quick-witted :: schreepzinnig
(7) quick-tempered :: vinnige-gehard
(8) quick reply :: vinnige antwoord
(9) quick fix :: kitsoplossing
(10) very quick :: baie vinnig
1. fast ::
2. hasty ::
3. sudden ::
4. intelligent ::
5. prompt ::
6. ready ::
7. speedy ::
8. warm ::
9. agile ::
1. dense ::
2. dim ::
3. dull ::
4. dumb ::
5. empty-headed ::
6. fatuous ::
7. half-witted ::
8. mindless ::
9. obtuse ::
10. opaque ::
11. senseless ::
12. simple ::
13. slow ::
14. soft ::
15. stupid ::
16. thick ::
quick, quicker, quickest, quickly, quickness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
half of them would turn you over to the king
QUICK as spit for a pardon.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
Be QUICK about it.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
Look, let me just top it off,
all right, really QUICK.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 10
Quick question: Does it happen
to do with online tastes
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 21
You know what, let me
pull a QUICK contract off the Internet--
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: quick
Meaning and definitions of quick, translation in Afrikaans language for quick with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of quick in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "quick"
What quick means in Afrikaans, quick meaning in Afrikaans, quick definition, examples and pronunciation of quick in Afrikaans language.