Noun(1) a preliminary election where delegates or nominees are chosen(2) one of the main flight feathers projecting along the outer edge of a bird's wing(3) (astronomy, especially a star(4) coil forming the part of an electrical circuit such that changing current in it induces a current in a neighboring circuit
Adjective(1) of first rank or importance or value; direct and immediate rather than secondary(2) not derived from or reducible to something else; basic(3) most important element(4) of or being the essential or basic part
(1) Their task is to support primary and junior high school teachers teaching information education by utilizing personal computers.(2) Lateral branches growing directly from the primary stolon are designated first-order branches.(3) With such a variety of services under his wing, one of Horn's primary initiatives has been to unite them.(4) He has been the primary proponent, chief scientist, and principal investigator of numerous research missions.(5) We, therefore, assumed that toluene was the primary organic solvent that the subjects were exposed to.(6) Presenting the right image to customers is of primary importance in a market-driven economy that is teeming with rivals.(7) His wife Phyllis, a primary head teacher, had hoped that a Cabinet post would not make Finnie too high profile.(8) Gerard DeGroot has produced a brisk, clear, engaging account based on a wide range of secondary sources and some primary materials.(9) The majority of teachers in government-supported early childhood programs are trained as primary level teachers.(10) the government has primary responsibility for food safety(11) The digitized programs feature oral histories and news footage that can be used as primary source material and complement textbooks.(12) The addition of oral history interviews enhances the primary source material and makes the text all the more interesting.(13) Traditional rhetoric describes metaphors as emerging from a hierarchical relation between a primary and secondary context of language use.(14) First, this is a work of very careful scholarship, based on both primary and secondary sources.(15) These two pins are the primary winding of the transformer.(16) Most students leaving primary education continue into secondary school.
(1) primary school :: Laerskool
(2) primary education :: primêre opvoeding
(3) primary care :: primêre versorging
(4) primary source :: primêre bron
(5) primary key :: primêre sleutel
(6) primary school teacher :: laerskool onderwyser
(7) primary color :: primêre kleur
(8) primary concern :: grootste bekommernis
(9) primary data :: primêre data
(10) primary storage :: primêre stoor
1. main ::
2. original ::
3. master ::
4. basal ::
5. elemental ::
6. primary election ::
7. primary feather ::
1. last ::
2. least ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Ser Preston will be stationed here,
beside the PRIMARY entertainment.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
As you know, the PRIMARY focus
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
My PRIMARY drive
was to maintain
the honor of my tribe.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 8
Thwarting you has never
been my PRIMARY ambition, I promise you.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
As that's the PRIMARY ingredient
of baby powder...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: primary
Meaning and definitions of primary, translation in Afrikaans language for primary with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of primary in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "primary"
What primary means in Afrikaans, primary meaning
in Afrikaans, primary definition, examples and pronunciation
of primary in Afrikaans language.