Noun(1) a domesticated animal kept for companionship or amusement(2) a special loved one(3) a fit of petulance or sulkiness (especially at what is felt to be a slight(4) using a computerized radiographic technique to examine the metabolic activity in various tissues (especially in the brain
Verb(1) stroke or caress gently(2) stroke or caress in an erotic manner, as during lovemaking
Adjective(1) preferred above all others and treated with partiality
(1) the pony was a family pet(2) [She was] not exactly the teachers' pet , but she did respect the teachers.(3) Valia shook her head in confusion and started to pet her canine companion.(4) Alternatively, other owners are reluctant to have a pet put to sleep either for religious reasons, or perhaps because that animal is the last link they have with their deceased spouse.(5) Mother's in a pet(6) Nobody wants to see valuable funds wasted on pet projects.(7) Another of Dr Evelyn's pet hates was the proliferation of advertising posters.(8) And if you don't believe it's therapeutic to pet a dog, then you haven't given it a good try.(9) I do plead guilty to having literacy and numeracy as pet projects.(10) The Americans struggle with senators who add one costly pet project after another to every bill.(11) she is the pet of the family(12) And some Republicans are pushing pet projects of their own, from dams to gas pipelines.(13) I found the chairs at my pet antiques dealer in Cannes(14) Ask them to help you cross the road, or to take you down to the post office, or to put the kettle on, pet .(15) Masson may have called MacKinnon ├ö├ç├┐Kitty,├ö├ç├û but it is clear who was the pet in that relationship.(16) The Prince started to pet his horse, stroking the hair gently with almost some humanity.
(1) pet name :: troeteldiername
(2) pet shop :: troeteldier winkel
(3) teacher's pet :: witbroodjie
(4) pet dog :: hond troeteldier
(5) pet sitting :: troeteldier sit
(6) pet cat :: kat
(7) favorite pet :: gunsteling troeteldier
(8) pet hate :: troeteldier haat
(9) pet peeve :: troeteldier ergeren
(10) pet project :: troeteldier projek
1. tame ::
2. favorite ::
4. favorite ::
5. ducky ::
7. stroke ::
8. pamper ::
9. kiss and cuddle ::
soen en cuddle
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I mean, that's like getting your
first PET and having it be,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
-Come on! Show them your PET, come on.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
Show them your PET, come one, Helsi.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
Getting his PET rat a reward
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
He's not a PET.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: pet
Meaning and definitions of pet, translation in Afrikaans language for pet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pet in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pet"
What pet means in Afrikaans, pet meaning in Afrikaans, pet definition, examples and pronunciation of pet in Afrikaans language.