Noun(1) a regular payment to a person that is intended to allow them to subsist without working
Verb(1) grant a pension to
(1) However, there is no cap on how much your employer can contribute to your pension in a tax year.(2) All of this is true regardless of what the pension age is and, indeed, regardless of whether the employer offers a company pension scheme.(3) A company can get a deduction for contributions made to the pension scheme of its directors and employees.(4) He said workers have not benefited from their pension and retirement funds.(5) The fund will be bankrolled by levies on employers offering occupational pension schemes.(6) He also has a personal pension and has created a pension scheme for employees, including his son, Adam.(7) Ideally, if your employer operates a company pension scheme, you should join it.(8) I've worked in a software company for five and a half years and contributed to its pension scheme for over five years.(9) Would I be better off if my company had a defined contribution pension scheme?(10) It is not possible to transfer money from a personal pension into an occupational pension scheme if you join one later.(11) Employers who do not operate a pension scheme or employees who are not eligible for a company scheme are the main targets.(12) Most pension schemes will allow employees to continue working with the agreement of their employer.(13) When the employee leaves an employment he can continue to contribute to the pension in his next employment.(14) Regular contributions to a pension scheme were, we were told, a guarantee of a secure old age.(15) the company pension scheme(16) If an employer shuts a pension scheme today it still has to pay the benefits promised by that scheme for decades.
(1) pension fund :: pensioen fonds
(2) pension funds :: pensioenfonds
(3) pension plan :: pensioen plan
(4) pension scheme :: pensioenskema
(5) retirement pension :: pensioen
(6) state pension :: staatspensioen
(7) pension plans :: pensioen planne
(8) pension contribution :: pensioenbydrae
(9) disability pension :: ongeskiktheidspensioen
(10) welfare pension :: welsynspensioen
4. allowance ::
5. benefit ::
6. support ::
7. welfare ::
8. pension off ::
pension, pensionable, pensioned, pensioner, pensioners, pensioning, pensions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It was his PENSION fund,
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
I didn’t come here
looking for a PENSION, you know?
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 1
his PENSION and the income
l bring in from hand modeling,
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: pension
Meaning and definitions of pension, translation in Afrikaans language for pension with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of pension in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "pension"
What pension means in Afrikaans, pension meaning
in Afrikaans, pension definition, examples and pronunciation
of pension in Afrikaans language.