Pronoun(1) used as the object of a verb or preposition when this is the same as the subject of the clause and the subject is the speaker and one or more other people considered together.(2) we or us personally (used to emphasize the speaker and one or more other people considered together).
(1) We got a bit of bad advice, but we took it ourselves so we can't blame anybody else.(2) With the last album, fans said their favourite songs were the ones we wrote ourselves .(3) we thought of nobody except ourselves(4) we invented it ourselves(5) we have one ourselves(6) we ourselves are suffering from the same disease(7) Other people may demand definitions of who we are but to ourselves we are simply ourselves .(8) we told him ourselves(9) We just want to get to the bottom of this, for the sake of other people as well as ourselves .(10) it's ourselves(11) Because of the weather there were few people about so we had the place to ourselves .(12) Try to explain that other people rarely notice the kind of detail we notice in ourselves .(13) we drew a picture of ourselves(14) we can tell him ourselves(15) I thought the recipe in the book looked good and we shall have to have a go at it ourselves .(16) We can stuff ourselves stupid on the richest foods and blame it all on somebody else.
(1) myself :: myself
(2) by ourselves :: deur onsself
(3) between ourselves :: tussen onsself
(4) we ourselves :: ons onsself
(5) among ourselves :: onder mekaar
1. ourselves ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We can't fight a war amongst OURSELVES.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
The Gods gave men two gifts to
entertain OURSELVES before we die,
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 8
Mm, don't have to-- we have
the whole place to OURSELVES.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 15
Let's all follow in that brave woman's
footsteps and stand up for OURSELVES.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
We'll discuss amongst OURSELVES
and come back to you with an answer.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 1
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: ourselves
Meaning and definitions of ourselves, translation in Afrikaans language for ourselves with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ourselves in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "ourselves"
What ourselves means in Afrikaans, ourselves meaning in Afrikaans, ourselves definition, examples and pronunciation of ourselves in Afrikaans language.