Noun(1) a possibility due to a favorable combination of circumstances
(1) it provides a world of opportunity for young people(2) job opportunity(3) the school gave us every opportunity(4) he missed a golden opportunity in the first half(5) they train at every possible opportunity(6) she tried to escape at every available opportunity(7) I think he should be given the opportunity of looking at these before I make an order.(8) when the opportunity arises(9) To do that would simply deprive many people of the opportunity of a better environment.(10) It was an opportunity of a lifetime and I was really pleased to have the chance to meet him.(11) the night drive gave us the opportunity of spotting rhinos(12) I'll give you the money back at the first opportunity(13) they availed of that window of opportunity(14) I'll call you at the earliest opportunity(15) it's the opportunity of a lifetime(16) The time scale involved may make it not possible to afford an opportunity to comment.
(1) opportunity cost :: geleentheidskoste
(2) business opportunity :: besigheids geleentheid
(3) job opportunity :: werksgeleentheid
(4) equal opportunity :: gelyke geleentheid
(5) seize the opportunity :: gryp die geleentheid
(6) good opportunity :: goeie geleentheid
(7) take the opportunity :: neem die geleentheid
(8) career opportunity :: loopbaangeleentheid
(9) unique opportunity :: unieke geleentheid
(10) window of opportunity :: venster van geleentheid
1. chance ::
2. lucky chance ::
4. time ::
6. occasion ::
7. moment ::
8. opening ::
9. option ::
11. turn ::
12. go ::
13. possibility ::
14. shot ::
15. break ::
16. new lease on life ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You have an OPPORTUNITY
to get in with her...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
It's not that big of an OPPORTUNITY. I mean,
even if Hawking's theories are correct...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
You can't turn down
an OPPORTUNITY like this.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
...before we pass up
on an incredible OPPORTUNITY...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
He spoke in terms of
a vague investment OPPORTUNITY.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: opportunity
Meaning and definitions of opportunity, translation in Afrikaans language for opportunity with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of opportunity in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "opportunity"
What opportunity means in Afrikaans, opportunity meaning in Afrikaans, opportunity definition, examples and pronunciation of opportunity in Afrikaans language.