Noun(1) the verbal act of offering(2) something offered (as a proposal or bid(3) a usually brief attempt
Verb(1) make available or accessible, provide or furnish(2) present for acceptance or rejection(3) agree freely(4) put forward for consideration(5) offer verbally(6) make available for sale(7) propose a payment(8) produce or introduce on the stage(9) present as an act of worship(10) mount or put up(11) make available; provide(12) ask (someone(13) threaten to do something
(1) he had to offer some resistance to her tirade(2) you should accept the job offer(3) you should find out what the clubhouse has to offer(4) And now they can't possibly refuse his immensely generous offer .(5) they were so kind as to offer(6) The presentation showed plans to offer a full range of convenience store products, some fresh produce, and an off licence.(7) Imagine as well that he had been chosen for the job and had accepted the offer to be the candidate's running mate.(8) There are individuals who offer healing at an affordable fee.(9) But such was my desire to make myself look more attractive I accepted her offer .(10) The new owners of the Malmesbury gym are attempting to offer the complete healthy living centre.(11) to make an offer(12) A special introductory offer is available at the moment.(13) there's a special offer on healthy food(14) Bash cursed in pain but didn't offer any more resistance as Speedy led him the rest of the way downstairs to the entrance.(15) At present, most schools offer bursaries to children talented in music, sport or the arts.(16) Many of the rest accepted the offer of amnesty offered to those who surrendered within twenty-four hours.
(1) special offer :: spesiale aanbod
(2) to offer :: om aan te bied
(3) make an offer :: maak n aanbod
(4) job offer :: werksaanbod
(5) on offer :: op aanbod
(6) offer letter :: aanbod brief
(7) tender offer :: Tender aanbod
(8) offer price :: aanbod prys
(9) offer up :: offer
1. proposal ::
2. bid ::
3. offering ::
4. go ::
5. put forward ::
6. volunteer ::
7. put up for sale ::
te koop aangebied
8. bid ::
9. provide ::
10. attempt ::
11. sacrifice ::
12. extend ::
uit te brei
13. proffer ::
15. offer up ::
16. declare oneself ::
offer, offered, offering, offerings, offers
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
What? I'm just making
your friend an OFFER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 17
It is not survival I OFFER.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
Names to OFFER up to the Red God.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
do we OFFER?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
Have you considered my OFFER?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: offer
Meaning and definitions of offer, translation in Afrikaans language for offer with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of offer in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "offer"
What offer means in Afrikaans, offer meaning in Afrikaans, offer definition, examples and pronunciation of offer in Afrikaans language.