Noun(1) the cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one(2) a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together(3) one of four playing cards in a deck with nine pips on the face
Adjective(1) denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten
(1) "It's only half nine , " said Hermione.(2) it's ten to nine(3) the nine runners remaining(4) at the beginning of chapter nine(5) it's nine o'clock(6) divide the result by nine(7) There are currently 13 Conservative councillors, eight Independents and nine Liberal Democrats.(8) Ten mice with the defect thrived after receiving the drug and never developed an arrhythmia, while eight out of nine untreated animals died.(9) nine of the twelve members(10) what number comes before nine?(11) nine of them are qualified(12) it starts at nine(13) The USA has given nine gifts, with eight coming from China.(14) it's nine cm long(15) this is day nine of the protest(16) multiply five by nine
(1) nine hundred :: nege honderd
(2) twenty nine :: nege en twintig
(3) thirty nine :: nege en dertig
(4) forty nine :: nege en veertig
(5) nine o'clock :: nege uur
(6) cloud nine :: wolk nege
(7) fifty nine :: nege en vyftig
(8) nine to five :: nege tot vyf
1. club ::
2. ball club ::
nine, nines, nineties, ninety
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- What's the bright side?
- Only NINE more months to Comic-Con.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
I've spent NINE months helping Bernadette
get ready for this baby.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
And NINE goats and NINE pigs.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
NINE hundred and 20 dollars.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: nine
Meaning and definitions of nine, translation in Afrikaans language for nine with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of nine in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "nine"
What nine means in Afrikaans, nine meaning in Afrikaans, nine definition, examples and pronunciation of nine in Afrikaans language.