Adjective(1) easily agitated(2) causing or fraught with or showing anxiety(3) of or relating to the nervous system(4) excited in anticipation(5) unpredictably excitable (especially of horses
(1) Up in the scorebox, Christie kept the board ticking along with all the nervous energy that explains why he hates just watching.(2) Stress and other psychological factors such as anxiety cause bowel symptoms by affecting this nervous control.(3) I wasn't nervous about how the play would be received - nothing like that at all.(4) Warn the airline if you are exceptionally nervous about flying.(5) I commented on this and was told the rashes were a nervous reaction to low-flying jets and explosions.(6) But we have been nervous about the UK economy overheating for some time now.(7) So Fiona Shaw presents us with a woman who is wreathed in actorly display yet is also in a state of nervous panic.(8) he's a nervous wee thing(9) There is a kind of indifferent nervous energy in the later works which makes this quite plausible.(10) I was so nervous on the stage(11) He also said the woman's case history files showed she had been treated for nervous disorders.(12) The thought of his blind date gives him a rush of anticipatory nervous excitement.(13) In addition his is always jittery, nervous and panicky, always worried, always tense, never able to relax.(14) I eyed the folder in her hands with both nervous excitement and a little bit of foreboding.(15) Poppy's nervous , as there's no horror in it, and precious little angst.(16) One might imagine that nervous tissue consists of nerve cells and very little else.
(1) nervous breakdown :: senuwee-ineenstorting
(2) nervous system :: senuweestelsel
(3) get nervous :: kry senuweeagtig
(4) central nervous system :: sentrale senuweestelsel
(5) feel nervous :: voel senuweeagtig
(6) be nervous :: wees senuagtig
(7) nervous tissue :: senuweeweefsel
1. high-strung ::
2. anxious ::
4. spooky ::
5. aflutter ::
6. neural ::
1. calm ::
2. collected ::
3. easy ::
4. relaxed ::
nervous, nervously, nervousness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- What was that about?
- He has a NERVOUS bladder...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
...I'm a little NERVOUS.
It's been a long time since I've been on a date.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
I'm a little NERVOUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
Oh... are we NERVOUS,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
If I were you,
I'd be more NERVOUS.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: nervous
Meaning and definitions of nervous, translation in Afrikaans language for nervous with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of nervous in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "nervous"
What nervous means in Afrikaans, nervous meaning in Afrikaans, nervous definition, examples and pronunciation of nervous in Afrikaans language.