Adjective(1) common to or shared by two or more parties(2) concerning each of two or more persons or things; especially given or done in return
(1) But one of our mutual friends had returned from a vacation and he had specially requested my participation.(2) Where hostility and mutual contempt have replaced love and respect, it is in no one's best interests to prolong the agony.(3) As an illustration of the difference between common and mutual knowledge suppose that you and I are each dealt a card.(4) I know that they were introduced by mutual friends.(5) Slowly but surely, each earns the respect of the other, and out of that respect grows a mutual appreciation, trust, and inevitably, familial love.(6) Discussions included topics of mutual and continuing interest common to both countries.(7) Men preferred friends with mutual acquaintances and common interests, while women valued laughter, honesty and trust.(8) Many building societies have thrown off their mutual status, offering their members shares or a lump sum bonus in return.(9) Now his finance days are behind him as he leads one of Scotland's remaining mutual building societies.(10) Beyond these two, there are still a number of smaller mutual building societies, but it is unlikely they will demutualise.(11) In addition, it is a mutual company and profits, if realised from its other businesses, are paid into the with-profits fund.(12) The fans love him and the feeling is mutual .(13) They are mutual societies owned and controlled by their members, who must share a common bond.(14) The authors acknowledge the need for such projects to be based on mutual goals that address common problems of the local institution.(15) In our time of separation, I believe there grew a mutual love & respect which had been missing before.(16) But it seems the feeling was mutual , so that's fine.
(1) mutual fund :: onderlinge fonds
(2) mutual funds :: onderlinge fondse
(3) mutual friend :: gemeenskaplike vriend
(4) mutual understanding :: ooreenkoms
(5) mutual agreement :: onderlinge ooreenkoms
(6) mutual respect :: Wedersydse respek
(7) mutual benefit :: wederkerige voordeel
(8) mutual trust :: wedersydse vertroue
(9) mutual consent :: wedersydse toestemming
(10) mutual aid :: wedersydse hulp
1. reciprocal ::
2. common ::
1. exclusive ::
2. individual ::
3. single ::
4. sole ::
5. solitary ::
6. unilateral ::
mutual, mutuality, mutually
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
in MUTUAL admiration and respect.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
We have carried out this negotiation
with MUTUAL respect,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
She didn't dump me. It was MUTUAL.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
You'll be pleased to know our MUTUAL friend
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Because Sheldon and I stay in touch
due to MUTUAL interest and respect...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 11
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: mutual
Meaning and definitions of mutual, translation in Afrikaans language for mutual with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mutual in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "mutual"
What mutual means in Afrikaans, mutual meaning in Afrikaans, mutual definition, examples and pronunciation of mutual in Afrikaans language.