Noun(1) an imaginary creature usually having various human and animal parts(2) someone or something that is abnormally large and powerful(3) a person or animal that is markedly unusual or deformed(4) a cruel wicked and inhuman person(5) (medicine
(1) She was made into a horrid, ugly monster .(2) The time to monster the poor man is when he's got it wrong.(3) I pondered that thought and raised my head to see the green eyed monster , my boss.(4) Now, I think the guy is a monster of the first order and would be very happy to see him sent packing: but does anyone have a clue what would happen if he got forced out?(5) he's only a year old, but already he is a little monster(6) We saw electric rays, soles and at one point a monster of a greenback turtle in the distance, the biggest of our stay and warier than most.(7) Since then, the rodeo has grown to a monster of an event with an international reputation, a gigantic prize purse and an Air Force pulse heating throughout.(8) It's an ugly monster that feeds on the fear of the unknown.(9) How could he have been such a monster , how could he have been so cruel?(10) this is a monster of a book, almost 500 pages(11) After the better part of an hour I think the little monster was getting tired, finally.(12) ├ö├ç├┐Cinderella is a monster of a production and a fitting way to end this year,├ö├ç├û he says.(13) There was a gargle of noise, it was scary, my image blurred, the noise was deafening and frightening, as a monster was emerging.(14) a monster with the head of a hyena and hindquarters of a wolf(15) a monster 36lb carp(16) Certainly, if early press reviews are anything to go by, King Kong should become another box office monster itself.
(1) sea monster :: seemonster
(2) monster truck :: monster vragmotor
(3) little monster :: klein monster
(4) green-eyed monster :: groen-oog monster
1. brute ::
2. rascal ::
3. giant ::
4. lusus naturae ::
5. demon ::
6. teras ::
1. average ::
2. norm ::
3. normal ::
4. par ::
5. standard ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
He's murdering his own children.
He's a MONSTER.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Perhaps the Loch Ness Monster
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
It's kind of like
the Loch Ness MONSTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
I'm a MONSTER as well as a dwarf.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 10
until this other dude shows up
in this MONSTER truck
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: monster
Meaning and definitions of monster, translation in Afrikaans language for monster with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of monster in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "monster"
What monster means in Afrikaans, monster meaning in Afrikaans, monster definition, examples and pronunciation of monster in Afrikaans language.