Noun(1) the most common medium of exchange; functions as legal tender(2) wealth reckoned in terms of money(3) the official currency issued by a government or national bank
(1) Contrary to popular belief, police do not make money out of issuing speeding tickets.(2) If I had the money , I'd buy her a van to let her get around and do the things she likes to do.(3) she gave me spending money(4) It was a way for her to make money while going to acting auditions.(5) I only have English money(6) We can borrow money from the European pool of savings at no incremental cost to ourselves.(7) I pay tax on my money , my taxed income is paid to the nanny and then I pay tax for the nanny on top.(8) They are in the business of lending money and the more money they lend the more profit they make.(9) he borrowed money to modernize the shop(10) Sure make money , but empower and provide opportunities to local populations as well.(11) Applied efficiently and correctly, that sort of money could work miracles.(12) The truth was distorted in order to make a story and to make money .(13) he borrowed money to modernize the store(14) she accepted the job at the public school since the money was better(15) All of that costs a lot of money and to date the government hasn't been prepared to put that sort of money in.(16) He's a hypocrite who sends his child to private school, but opposes choice for parents without his sort of money .
(1) make money :: maak geld
(2) save money :: spaar geld
(3) pocket money :: sakgeld
(4) a lot of money :: baie geld
(5) earn money :: verdien geld
(6) money order :: poswissel
(7) spend money :: spandeer geld
(8) some money :: n bietjie geld
(9) money transfer :: geld oordrag
(10) get money :: kry geld
1. cash ::
2. wealth ::
3. pay ::
1. pauper ::
money, moneyed, moneys
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and Sheldon gave me MONEY
for Hot Dog on a Stick.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 23
And we might not have other things,
but we’ll have loads of MONEY.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
I'm back in the MONEY,
I can buy another helicopter.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
They told me
it was gambling MONEY.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
...and the MONEY you owe her would
go a long way to solving her problems.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: money
Meaning and definitions of money, translation in Afrikaans language for money with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of money in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "money"
What money means in Afrikaans, money meaning in Afrikaans, money definition, examples and pronunciation of money in Afrikaans language.