Noun(1) excavation in the earth from which ores and minerals are extracted(2) explosive device that explodes on contact; designed to destroy vehicles or ships or to kill or maim personnel
Verb(1) get from the earth by excavation(2) lay mines
(1) The artist also continues to mine a rich vein of attenuated, vertical-format skyscraper paintings.(2) salt mine(3) some friends of mine(4) Recently, a fully insured friend of mine was referred for a cardiology consultation.(5) a copper mine(6) The men complain they mine the coal all day and don't have enough to heat the barracks at night.(7) Someone stole a very important scroll from an associate of mine .(8) The publication as a whole is a rich mine for those interested in figures.(9) From even that age they were to mine the earth for some kind of mineral.(10) make mine a strong espresso(11) tears did fill mine eyes(12) that book of mine(13) his jeep ran over a mine and he was killed(14) A lot of Scots must have been turned off by what a friend of mine calls the church alumni association.(15) To sum up: the work under review is a mine of information, but many of its presuppositions are open to question.(16) The account was in my own name in the branch in Limerick city, but the address on the account belonged to a friend of mine living in England.
(1) this is mine :: dit is myne
(2) friend of mine :: `n vriend van my
(3) it's mine :: Dis myne
(4) of mine :: van Myne
(5) a friend of mine :: n vriend van my
(6) coal mine :: steenkoolmyn
(7) gold mine :: goudmyn
(8) yours and mine :: myne en joune
(9) iron mine :: ystermyn
1. pit ::
2. rich source ::
3. explosive ::
4. quarry ::
5. search ::
6. defend with mines ::
verdedig met myne
mine, mined, mines
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
that MINE own tears
do scald like molten lead.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 3
I'll speak to MINE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
- You guys are gonna work in a MINE?
- Why not?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
- You knock your way, I'll knock MINE.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
because being born
was her achievement, not MINE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 12
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: mine
Meaning and definitions of mine, translation in Afrikaans language for mine with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of mine in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "mine"
What mine means in Afrikaans, mine meaning
in Afrikaans, mine definition, examples and pronunciation
of mine in Afrikaans language.