Noun(1) the atomic process that occurs during a chemical reaction(2) the technical aspects of doing something(3) a natural object resembling a machine in structure or function(4) (philosophy(5) device consisting of a piece of machinery; has moving parts that perform some function
(1) we have no mechanism for assessing the success of forwarded inquiries(2) However, the underlying mechanism that brings about this restriction is less well understood.(3) It is also of significance in new drug development based on the mechanism of Chinese medicine.(4) a third motor powers the tape eject mechanism(5) It was based on antiquated natural history; he was unaffected by mechanism or Newtonianism.(6) Also known as splitting, there is some suggestion that this arises in early childhood as a coping mechanism .(7) The mechanism for lifting the grate lay in a concealed room of the cave that was on the right of the stairs.(8) For Bergson, it is because the scientific pursuit is based on the principle of mechanism .(9) The site has a simple registration process and a mechanism to ensure that both the seller and buyer get a fair deal.(10) He ducked at the sound of the trigger mechanism and dodged the gunfire completely.(11) The engineer was one of her agents, and he had a special mechanism in the engine.(12) the immune system's mechanism for detecting pathogens(13) A plebiscite process is a democratic mechanism to ensure that the people get to choose.(14) A bright spark shot up the length of the bolt into the chamber of the locking mechanism , triggering the circuitry to release the lock.(15) The slight hiss is, to my ears, about the same as the tape mechanism in my van - maybe even a bit less.(16) Children had to be able to tolerate and avoid touching the catheter and the pump mechanism .
(1) defense mechanism :: verdedigingsmeganisme
(2) market mechanism :: markmeganisme
(3) price mechanism :: prysmeganisme
(4) control mechanism :: beheermeganisme
1. machine ::
2. machinery ::
3. procedure ::
4. mechanics ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
( MECHANISM engages,
Westworld Season 2, Episode 6
and each one has a different MECHANISM.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
I did not. It's faulty.
It's a faulty MECHANISM.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 9
My point is, pretending to be an alien
is a valuable coping MECHANISM...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: mechanism
Meaning and definitions of mechanism, translation in Afrikaans language for mechanism with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of mechanism in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "mechanism"
What mechanism means in Afrikaans, mechanism meaning in Afrikaans, mechanism definition, examples and pronunciation of mechanism in Afrikaans language.