- laasgenoemdedie laaste tyd
Noun(1) the second of two or the second mentioned of two
Adjective(1) referring to the second of two things or persons mentioned (or the last one or ones of several
(1) he had support among the latter group(2) My mother is in the latter stages of pregnancy and her health is extremely weak.(3) The latter half of the book - on the necessity and the nature of missions - is heavier going.(4) Well, Quine was probably the most important theorist of knowledge of the latter half of the twentieth century.(5) Violent times for the poor reigned in the latter half of the last century and into the beginning of this one.(6) Somehow, I managed to get away with only posting on here almost once a month for the latter half of the year.(7) In the latter half of the 1990s there has been some waning of political focus on the issue of immigration.(8) I chose the latter course(9) Oddly enough, I find the latter to be a more important bit of news.(10) Asparagus was not grown on a large scale in N. America until the latter half of the 19th century.(11) the latter approach wasn't the best one(12) in the latter part of the 20th century(13) The latter half of my previous letter, will in part, explain why.(14) I mention the latter because of what we both saw under a tree some distance from us.(15) Joining in the programme in the latter half, she will talk about her career, her father and her music.(16) Had he missed the goal that point would have been very important in the latter stages of the game.
(1) the latter :: die laasgenoemde
(2) latter days :: einde van die dae
(3) latter-day :: Laasgenoemde-dag
(4) latter part :: laaste gedeelte
(5) in these latter days :: in hierdie laaste dae
(6) latter end :: einde
1. later ::
2. closing ::
3. end ::
5. final ::
6. latest ::
7. most recent ::
1. beginning ::
2. first ::
3. foremost ::
4. initial ::
5. maiden ::
6. opening ::
7. original ::
8. pioneer ::
9. primary ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
that your daughter Myrcella has been sent
to live in the LATTER sort of place.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
Former can overpower the LATTER
giving scientific credence...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
When I served as Hand of the King,
I did quite well with the LATTER,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
I choose to do the LATTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 20
Thailand has had the fork
since the LATTER half of the 19th century.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: latter
Meaning and definitions of latter, translation in Afrikaans language for latter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of latter in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "latter"
What latter means in Afrikaans, latter meaning
in Afrikaans, latter definition, examples and pronunciation
of latter in Afrikaans language.