Noun(1) metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the lock's mechanism can be rotated(2) something crucial for explaining(3) pitch of the voice(4) any of 24 major or minor diatonic scales that provide the tonal framework for a piece of music(5) a kilogram of a narcotic drug(6) a winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple(7) United States lawyer and poet who wrote a poem after witnessing the British attack on Baltimore during the War of 1812; the poem was later set to music and entitled `The Star-Spangled Banner' (1779-1843(8) a coral reef off the southern coast of Florida(9) (basketball, including the foul line(10) a list of answers to a test(11) a list of words or phrases that explain symbols or abbreviations(12) a generic term for any device whose possession entitles the holder to a means of access(13) mechanical device used to wind another device that is driven by a spring (as a clock(14) the central building block at the top of an arch or vault(15) a lever (as in a keyboard
Verb(1) identify as in botany or biology, for example(2) provide with a key(3) vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key(4) regulate the musical pitch of(5) harmonize with or adjust to
Adjective(1) serving as an essential component
(1) Then, she tried the drawer of the desk that she knew the test answer key was hidden in.(2) Ryan turned his house key in the door and followed Katalyn inside.(3) The key is whether the defensive king can get within the promotion ├ö├ç├┐square├ö├ç├û.(4) therein lies the key(5) The Dalai Lama once said that simplicity is the key to happiness in the modern world.(6) there's a key for every file in the directory(7) radiator key(8) As they effortlessly key in the words there is not even an iota of confusion among them.(9) The post player nearest the ball is the one to break and set a screen for the guard near the top of the key .(10) Slotted stems are turned with a screwdriver and square ones are turned with a radiator key .(11) In my profession it may even be disadvantageous because it happens that we play a piece in a different key .(12) They say that in this case, some of the people who are retiring are in key positions.(13) Twist the key in the ignition and the engine doesn't so much explode into life as dutifully and modestly clear its throat.(14) The nibs help to secure the plaster to the lattice, reinforcing the key or bond between plaster and wood.(15) In fact, as will be obvious to any reader who has ever used an index, the symbols in the key refer to the chapters in which the characters appear.(16) But as he explains, it is this hardship that provides a key to understanding the spirit and culture of these tribes.
(1) arrow key :: pyl sleutel
(2) key chain :: sleutelhouer
(3) enter key :: betree sleutel
(4) ignition key :: aansitsleutel
(5) key point :: kernpunt
(6) product key :: produk sleutel
(7) master key :: meestersleutel
(8) key account :: sleutelrekening
1. crucial ::
2. fundamental ::
3. door key ::
4. answer ::
5. winder ::
6. samara ::
7. tonality ::
8. paint ::
9. cay ::
10. keystone ::
11. distinguish ::
kelly, key, keyed, keying, keys
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
a KEY component
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 12
Encryption KEY deactivated.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
...her giving me the KEY to her heart?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
Oh, we do have a chocolate KEY lime
that's moving pretty well.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 3
You don't have the KEY, do you?
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: key
Meaning and definitions of key, translation in Afrikaans language for key with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of key in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "key"
What key means in Afrikaans, key meaning
in Afrikaans, key definition, examples and pronunciation
of key in Afrikaans language.