Adjective(1) (of a person) present at one's home or office.(2) fashionable.(3) (of the ball in tennis and similar games) landing within the designated playing area.
Adverb(1) expressing movement with the result that someone or something becomes enclosed or surrounded by something else.(2) expressing the situation of being enclosed or surrounded by something.(3) expressing arrival at a destination.(4) (of the tide) rising or at its highest level.(5) (of an infielder or outfielder) playing closer to home plate than usual.
Preposition(1) expressing the situation of something that is or appears to be enclosed or surrounded by something else.(2) expressing a period of time during which an event takes place or a situation remains the case.(3) expressing the length of time before a future event is expected to take place.(4) (often followed by a noun without a determiner) expressing a state or condition.(5) expressing inclusion or involvement.(6) indicating someone's occupation or profession.(7) indicating the language or medium used.(8) as an integral part of (an activity).
Noun(1) a position of influence.
Prefix(1) (added to adjectives) not.(2) (added to nouns) without; lacking.(3) in; into; toward; within.
Suffix(1) forming names of organic compounds, pharmaceutical products, proteins, etc..(2) denoting a gathering of people having a common purpose, typically as a form of protest.
(1) He had become vulnerable to pitches in on his hands and started developing bad habits.(2) As you can see, I held my finish and barely looked up even as the ball went in .(3) he'll be here in a few days(4) Staying in on a day like this is criminal.(5) That marriage contract said that in ten years, both of us could divorce and not have anything to do with each other.(6) I was the one who didn't want to get too serious, so I was surprised when he asked me to move in with him.(7) I haven't seen you in years(8) I'll see you in a week's time(9) She turned to the government for help and they found her an apartment for her to live in .(10) in Knock(11) While lacking in merit as a decision-maker, he was extremely adroit in working the congressional funding process.(12) The phone line for the office was put in on time and later today I am hoping to set up my internet connection.(13) it's in a box(14) Never soak brushes in water, commercial cleaners or even paint.(15) the classes are run in association with the university(16) Tessa will start school in three and a half years.
(1) in- :: in-
(2) in front of :: voor
(3) in fact :: in werklikheid
(4) fall in love :: raak verlief
(5) in order to :: ten einde
(6) in addition :: benewens
(7) in love :: verlief
(8) in order :: ten einde
(9) in spite of :: ten spyte van
(10) in the end :: op die ou end
(11) in the morning :: in die oggend
1. present ::
2. fashionable ::
3. inside ::
4. high ::
5. inward ::
6. inside ::
7. with ::
8. into ::
9. during ::
10. after ::
11. inch ::
12. indium ::
in, ines, ins
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: in
Meaning and definitions of in, translation in Afrikaans language for in with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of in in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "in"
What in means in Afrikaans, in meaning
in Afrikaans, in definition, examples and pronunciation
of in in Afrikaans language.