Noun(1) ten 10s
Adjective(1) being ten more than ninety
(1) you must be over a hundred!(2) Walk a hundred yards in among the pines and you leave the city.(3) the hundred is missing(4) in eighteen hundred and forty-five(5) twelve hundred hours(6) a hundred of his horses are sick(7) I'm fortunate in that I only get ten to twenty per day, but I know people who receive ninety to a hundred , which is a real pain.(8) that's a hundred of them(9) His Test average since that hundred is 56.37 and he has scored 1,635 runs.(10) his ninth Test hundred(11) there's a full stop after the hundred(12) thirteen hundred hours(13) Boys go in groups of fifteen to thirty to bush camps, where they stay for ninety to a hundred days to recover from the operation.(14) I was the first to graduate from the class as I already had about a hundred hours of flying time.(15) My previous headmistress had said that winning the scholarship was as good as a hundred pounds in my pocket.(16) I must grit my teeth and remind myself that I did need a laptop, and that I did get over a hundred pounds off it.
(1) one hundred :: een honderd
(2) five hundred :: vyf honderd
(3) two hundred :: tweehonderd
(4) nine hundred :: nege honderd
(5) four hundred :: vier honderd
(6) seven hundred :: sewehonderd
(7) six hundred :: ses honderd
(8) three hundred :: drie honderd
(9) eight hundred :: agt honderd
(10) one hundred thousand :: honderdduisend
3. century ::
1. ace ::
2. bit ::
3. dab ::
4. dram ::
5. driblet ::
6. glimmer ::
7. hint ::
8. lick ::
9. little ::
10. mite ::
11. nip ::
12. ounce ::
13. pinch ::
14. pittance ::
15. scruple ::
16. shade ::
hundred, hundreds, hundredth, hundredths
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
For starters, it's very humid
and about a HUNDRED degrees.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
One HUNDRED men, one woman.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
A couple HUNDRED dollars here,
a few thousand there.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
Four HUNDRED and eighty thousand.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
Two HUNDRED and one point six.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: hundred
Meaning and definitions of hundred, translation in Afrikaans language for hundred with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of hundred in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "hundred"
What hundred means in Afrikaans, hundred meaning in Afrikaans, hundred definition, examples and pronunciation of hundred in Afrikaans language.