Noun(1) armor plate that protects the head(2) a protective headgear made of hard material to resist blows
(1) He wore a one-piece motorcycle suit and a helmet with a blacked-out visor.(2) Cyclists and motorcyclists should always wear a protective helmet and long sleeves.(3) You could wear a cowboy hat, a bowl on your head, a straw hat, a sports helmet , or a rain hat.(4) The only equipment protecting you is a motorcycle helmet and a leather body suit.(5) The boom was loud enough to make my ears ring, even through the protective mufflers of the helmet .(6) Baseball helmets routinely protect players who are hit in the head at speeds that are roughly similar to a slap shot.(7) Some wearing protective visored helmets , they gained the element of surprise by running down an alleyway towards the back of the block.(8) The players must be under 14 years old and must wear helmets and other protective gear.(9) Skateboarders rarely use protective equipment such as helmets and wrist guards.(10) Armed police with their distinctive navy blue bullet-proof vests and protective helmets joined other officers for regular briefings in their mobile office van.(11) A helmeted bike messenger with no teeth rallied a group of just-released felons at the job-search firm America Works a little over a year ago.(12) In the midst of this incredible natural creation, I am suddenly immersed in a blue fog of polluting fumes, surrounded by loud snarling beasts whose riders, black-suited and helmeted , all look like Darth Vader.(13) This stuff is still dangerous, even with all the troops wearing helmets , goggles and protective vests.(14) Finally, helmeted , belted and visored down, we're good to go.(15) One diagram of helmets shows a simple, radially symmetrical ancestral helmet at the bottom.(16) The adjustable hood fits over helmets and hats and won't hinder your vision while you're out and about.
(1) crash helmet :: valhelm
(2) diving helmet :: duik helm
(3) safety helmet :: veiligheid helm
(4) pith helmet :: helm
(5) bicycle helmet :: fietsvalhelm
(6) cycle helmet :: siklus helm
(7) space helmet :: ruimte helm
(8) steel helmet :: staal helmet
1. helmet ::
2. headpiece ::
3. crash helmet ::
4. helm ::
5. casque ::
6. morion ::
helmet, helmeted, helmets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No, I'd look silly in that HELMET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
210 and you throw in
the Iron Man HELMET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
Give me back my Iron Man HELMET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 9
So I'm gonna place the sensory
isolation HELMET on you
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
Remove your HELMET.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 5
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: helmet
Meaning and definitions of helmet, translation in Afrikaans language for helmet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of helmet in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "helmet"
What helmet means in Afrikaans, helmet meaning in Afrikaans, helmet definition, examples and pronunciation of helmet in Afrikaans language.