Adjective(1) enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure(2) marked by good fortune(3) eagerly disposed to act or to be of service(4) well expressed and to the point
(1) to be perfectly happy with sth(2) I am happy to play the game as long as I am entitled to win some points occasionally.(3) A happy birthday is wished to Kieran Dunne from his many friends.(4) Every time a major tournament comes round we seem quite happy to plod through games and play it safe.(5) He had a natural affinity with the land and was always glad and happy to help his neighbours.(6) It wouldn't be right if I didn't wish happy birthday to somebody, now would it?(7) she looked happy(8) Andrew's always had that happy knack of cutting straight to the chase, delighting and upsetting in roughly equal measures.(9) he felt happy there(10) For all of the first half, France appeared happy to play the game on Ireland's terms.(11) I quickly ran to him and wished him happy birthday and he in return hugged me and told me to sit in the blanket because I was very cold.(12) There was no way I was going to escape from this situation with a happy ending.(13) McDowell has the happy knack of convincing us that all he wants to do with his life is to serve the people.(14) As a reviewer, sometimes I'm perfectly happy to receive a game well after it's been released.(15) So long as advisers are happy to provide good quality financial advice for a fair and open fee, they should have nothing to fear.(16) She has the happy knack of making the most mundane report appear interesting.
(1) happy hour :: happy hour
(2) very happy :: baie gelukkig
(3) happy ending :: gelukkige einde
(4) happy day :: gelukkige dag
(5) happy end :: gelukkige einde
(6) happy life :: gelukkige lewe
(7) feel happy :: voel gelukkig
(8) happy-go-lucky :: happy-go-lucky
(9) make happy :: gelukkig maak
(10) stay happy :: bly gelukkig
1. cheerful ::
2. glad ::
3. fortunate ::
4. felicitous ::
5. well-chosen ::
1. hapless ::
2. unfortunate ::
3. unhappy ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Cops bust Jimmy,
Badger gets out,
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
I'm not HAPPY about this.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 6
to make this a HAPPY trip, dear.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
"Happy holidays from Texas."
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 11
And what if
I'm not trying to be HAPPY?
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: happy
Meaning and definitions of happy, translation in Afrikaans language for happy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of happy in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "happy"
What happy means in Afrikaans, happy meaning in Afrikaans, happy definition, examples and pronunciation of happy in Afrikaans language.