Verb(1) come to pass(2) happen, occur, or be the case in the course of events or by chance, Santayana(3) chance to be or do something, without intention or causation(4) come into being; become reality(5) come upon, as if by accident; meet with
(1) I did happen to see this episode.(2) I happen to be very good at what I do and I do work unpaid overtime or weekends, both when it's needed or when I just need to pretend that I'm a hard worker.(3) Five accomplished Hispanic nurses who just happen to be guys talk about the special challenges they face and the unique strengths they bring to the table.(4) So in this bill the Minister of Transport is to be held directly responsible when accidents happen .(5) that didn't happen by accident(6) what will happen to me?(7) Did anyone happen to see the alternate ending that is floating around the internet?(8) Did anyone happen to see David Letterman the other night when he was playing "Psychic Salad"?(9) In the world of chime, accidents happen and the results are stunning.(10) By the way, did you happen to ask the Canadians what they thought of their country's health care system?(11) If someone does happen to talk to you about their problems, you will use it as blackmail.(12) happen I'll go back just for a while(13) Nobody wants an accident to happen but if the present chaos continues it is inevitable.(14) I happen to think I'm doing the right thing here(15) You didn't happen to ask how far ahead it could be booked, did you?(16) Sometimes an accident may occur in circumstances in which accidents do not normally happen unless there has been negligence by someone.
(1) to happen :: om te gebeur
(2) happen to :: gebeur met
(3) happen again :: gebeur weer
(4) may happen :: kan gebeur
(5) cause to happen :: laat gebeur
(6) happen to be :: toevallig
(7) about to happen :: gaan gebeur
1. occur ::
2. become of ::
3. chance ::
4. discover ::
5. bechance ::
6. materialize ::
8. encounter ::
happen, happened, happening, happenings, happens
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And what did I do? Fight.
And the next day, it would HAPPEN again.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
Whatever-- Whatever you think
is supposed to HAPPEN,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
with a unique vision
made it HAPPEN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
We all know that will never HAPPEN.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
Anything Can Happen Thursday.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 21
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: happen
Meaning and definitions of happen, translation in Afrikaans language for happen with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of happen in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "happen"
What happen means in Afrikaans, happen meaning in Afrikaans, happen definition, examples and pronunciation of happen in Afrikaans language.