Noun(1) a farewell remark
(1) At the end we hugged and kissed each other goodbye , and he gave me his new address and email, and promised to be in touch.(2) Belinda is just thinking about going home when Kevin comes up and hugs her goodbye .(3) The family didn't make it in time to say goodbye , but we know she was in excellent hands.(4) Jan, Eve and Penelope were all ready for the off as we went to say goodbye .(5) After we had waved everyone goodbye , the Gamekeeper wandered in to confer about concrete.(6) He walked me back towards my hotel when I was due to meet Roger and he gave me a quick peck on the cheek to say goodbye .(7) What fun it was interviewing them as they politely wished me a last goodbye and headed for the hills.(8) It was now time to say goodbye , an emotional moment with promises of returning soon.(9) We got along really well, and it would have been fine, but he kissed me goodbye .(10) One of the trains began to set off so my three-year-old son started to wave goodbye .(11) We go to say goodbye , and instead of a handshake I get not one kiss, but two.(12) goodbye party(13) Papa remained stoic for the most part, but sounded rather choked when he wished me goodbye .(14) We parted ways shortly before noon and under a brilliant, sunny sky we said goodbye .(15) I'll go over for a few hours, have dinner with Mama and Papa, wish them goodbye and all that.(16) We say goodbye , demanding that each other look after ourselves and the best of luck.
(1) say goodbye :: sê totsiens
(2) saying goodbye :: sê tot siens
(3) kiss goodbye :: soen totsiens
(4) say goodbye to :: groet
1. parting ::
2. leave-taking ::
3. send-off ::
4. farewell ::
5. adieu ::
6. au revoir ::
7. ciao ::
8. adios ::
9. bye ::
10. bye-bye ::
11. so long ::
12. see you later ::
sien jou later
13. see you ::
14. sayonara ::
15. bon voyage ::
16. cheers ::
17. toodle-oo ::
1. hello ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
EVAN RACHEL WOOD: Saying GOODBYE
to this version of Dolores,
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
Maybe I could do one more scary thing
before I go and give you a kiss GOODBYE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
- The Long Goodbye, was that it?
- The Long Farewell.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
JON: We're here to say GOODBYE
to our brothers and sisters.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 4
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 7
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: goodbye
Meaning and definitions of goodbye, translation in Afrikaans language for goodbye with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of goodbye in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "goodbye"
What goodbye means in Afrikaans, goodbye meaning in Afrikaans, goodbye definition, examples and pronunciation of goodbye in Afrikaans language.