Verb(1) dismiss from the mind; stop remembering(2) be unable to remember(3) forget to do something(4) leave behind unintentionally
(1) If the Democrats preselect this dud, they can forget about trying to regain credibility.(2) A couple of great events are coming up in the next two months to help us forget about all the snow earlier this week.(3) ├ö├ç├┐I'm sorry, Cassie. I forget myself├ö├ç├û(4) how soon they forget!(5) It smelled delicious and made us forget the preceding conversation completely.(6) forget all this romantic stuff(7) If you get to 30 and you're single, forget about it, you're one of life's singles.(8) Add the rice and two cups of water, cover the pot, and turn the heat down low enough for you to forget about it for a while.(9) The view out the front through the large windscreen is good, but forget about seeing the bonnet.(10) I forget exactly where I left it(11) The players and management can go home and forget about it, we have to live with the trauma of possible relegation every day.(12) for years she had struggled to forget about him(13) Then you might as well forget about walking to the traffic lights and just jaywalk in the middle of the street.(14) And on the other hand I don't want him to call me, because it would be so much easier to forget about him that way.(15) to forget to do sth(16) He advised people with dogs to forget about exercise in the excessive heat and to make sure there was plenty of shade and cool water.
(1) forget it :: vergeet dit
(2) to forget :: om te vergeet
(3) forget about it :: vergeet daarvan
(4) forgive and forget :: vergeet en vergewe
(5) don't forget :: moenie vergeet
(6) forget about :: vergeet van
(7) forget-me-not :: vergeet My Nie
(8) not to forget :: nie om te vergeet
(9) try to forget :: probeer om te vergeet
1. fail to remember ::
versuim om te onthou
2. leave behind ::
3. neglect ::
4. stop thinking about ::
ophou dink oor
5. bury ::
6. blank out ::
7. leave ::
1. recall ::
2. recollect ::
3. remember ::
forget, forgetful, forgets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Tell you what, FORGET the SCRFLRRI.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
Don't FORGET your wallet.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
- ...I won't FORGET your contributions.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 1
You know what? Forget it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
I never FORGET a thing.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: forget
Meaning and definitions of forget, translation in Afrikaans language for forget with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of forget in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "forget"
What forget means in Afrikaans, forget meaning
in Afrikaans, forget definition, examples and pronunciation
of forget in Afrikaans language.