Noun(1) the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill(2) knowledge acquired by learning and instruction(3) the gradual process of acquiring knowledge(4) the profession of teaching (especially at a school or college or university(5) the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior(6) the United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with education (including federal aid to educational institutions and students
(1) Indeed, it was an education to watch the two in action.(2) Finally, results and their implications to pharmacy education and practice are discussed.(3) a course of education(4) he had no formal education(5) Although this has not been a requirement for other modes of medical practice or education , its importance should not be neglected.(6) But how far does this aspiration tally with our own experience of medical education ?(7) she has a degree in education(8) But the local education authority has instructed a solicitor to establish who the rightful owner is.(9) primary education(10) Her first job involved sitting on the senior management board of the college of teacher education in Awassa.(11) Beth had received her degree in teacher education from a large public university in the southwest.(12) Petrus is a good workman├ö├ç├Âit is an education to watch him(13) Despite such broad shifts, the core practices of education remain essentially unchanged.(14) This means that nursing care and assessments, the heart of nursing education , can be experienced.(15) colleges of education(16) Its role also includes the inspection of local education authorities, teacher training institutions and youth work.
(1) physical education :: Liggaamsopvoeding
(2) higher education :: hoër onderwys
(3) secondary education :: sekondêre onderwys
(4) formal education :: formele onderwys
(5) further education :: verdere onderwys
(6) religious education :: godsdienstige opvoeding
(7) sex education :: Seks onderwys
(8) primary education :: primêre opvoeding
(9) elementary education :: elementêre onderwys
(10) health education :: gesondheidsopvoeding
1. teaching ::
2. learning ::
3. breeding ::
4. department of education ::
departement van onderwys
5. didactics ::
1. ignorance ::
2. illiteracy ::
coeducation, education, educational, educationist, educationists, educations
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
from the subpar EDUCATION
and menial life of an engineer.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
for my EDUCATION.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
...this party is a scathing indictment
of the American EDUCATION system.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
Because his EDUCATION hasn't prepared him
for a career in the sciences.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 19
He'll get an EDUCATION.
He'll learn to read.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: education
Meaning and definitions of education, translation in Afrikaans language for education with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of education in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "education"
What education means in Afrikaans, education meaning in Afrikaans, education definition, examples and pronunciation of education in Afrikaans language.