Noun(1) a large number of things or people considered together(2) an informal body of friends
Verb(1) cause to herd, drive, or crowd together(2) fill or occupy to the point of overflowing(3) to gather together in large numbers(4) approach a certain age or speed
(1) The game itself had some exciting moments but for the most part the small crowd of spectators had very little to cheer about.(2) A huge crowd had gathered at the venue and a TV crew, which had also arrived, found it too noisy to shoot.(3) And in Belgrade's cafÔö£┬«s and clubs, the party crowd gathers every day, noisy and unashamedly happy.(4) the crowd of tall buildings(5) The demand to make products stand out from the crowd is hardly new of course.(6) I've broken away from that whole junkie crowd(7) Though we were separated by a large teak desk, Bur still managed to crowd me in somehow.(8) Watched by a crowd of onlookers three firefighters went into the water and used a canal side crane to hoist the shivering animal out.(9) The match had attracted a crowd of more than 3,500-the biggest of the season.(10) A large crowd of spectators attended and thoroughly enjoyed horses and riders being put through their paces.(11) a huge crowd gathered in the street outside(12) I like to do my best to stand out from the crowd and be different to the rest of society, so I've just been and voted in the European elections.(13) A huge crowd had gathered in the town centre for the service.(14) A huge crowd gathered to cheer us on and salute our achievement and more than any other time it was greatly appreciated.(15) make yourself stand out from the crowd(16) rampant plants will crowd out the less vigorous
(1) the crowd :: die skare
(2) crowd out :: skare uit
(3) crowd control :: skare beheer
(4) crowd of people :: skare van mense
(5) follow the crowd :: volg die skare
(6) large crowd :: groot skare
(7) crowd around :: skare rondom
(8) great crowd :: groot skare
(9) in a crowd :: in 'n skare
1. throng ::
2. majority ::
3. set ::
4. audience ::
5. gang ::
6. cluster ::
7. surge ::
8. pressure ::
9. crowd together ::
10. push ::
11. herd ::
crowd, crowded, crowding, crowds
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 3
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
That sounds like something
that would attract the wrong CROWD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 13
Wait till you hear how he dumbs down
Werner Heisenberg for the CROWD.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: crowd
Meaning and definitions of crowd, translation in Afrikaans language for crowd with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of crowd in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "crowd"
What crowd means in Afrikaans, crowd meaning in Afrikaans, crowd definition, examples and pronunciation of crowd in Afrikaans language.