Noun(1) an unstable situation of extreme danger or difficulty(2) a crucial stage or turning point in the course of something
(1) The breach in the Left already opened up by the war in Kosovo reached a crisis .(2) They concluded that China wouldn't take advantage of the global crisis situation.(3) They are alone, or only with other children, on most of the occasions when a crisis occurs.(4) To Dyck, it is the desire to help people in a crisis situation to the best of your abilities.(5) This reached crisis point when my wife received a shock from the laundry taps.(6) Dr Williams' decision to call the crisis meeting places his authority on the line as never before.(7) And if he goes on long enough there is bound to be an economic crisis which will undermine the Chancellor.(8) they're trying to resolve the crisis(9) there's a crisis in farming(10) she's having a crisis of faith(11) The polarization crisis is more intense within countries and cities than between them.(12) You might be able to treat your pain crisis at home with medicines that you take by mouth.(13) the country faces an energy crisis(14) the current economic crisis(15) The situation at Luton Football Club has now reached crisis proportions.(16) It is so much better to deal with emotional issues of the past before we reach a crisis .
(1) economic crisis :: ekonomiese krisis
(2) financial crisis :: finansiële krisis
(3) midlife crisis :: krisis van die middeljare
(4) crisis management :: krisisbestuur
(5) identity crisis :: identiteitskrisis
(6) energy crisis :: energiekrisis
(7) oil crisis :: oliekrisis
(8) current crisis :: huidige krisis
(9) mid-life crisis :: mid-life crisis
(10) banking crisis :: bankkrisis
1. critical point ::
2. turning point ::
4. watershed ::
5. head ::
6. moment of truth ::
oomblik van waarheid
7. zero hour ::
8. point of no return ::
Punt van geen terugkeer
9. Rubicon ::
10. doomsday ::
11. crunch ::
12. climacteric ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- We're in the middle of a CRISIS here.
- Oh, I know. Bernadette told me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
Well, I would say that this
constitutes a catering CRISIS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
Like being in a hostage CRISIS talk show.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
I understand that you're going
through a bit of a career CRISIS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
Yeah, provided he has already read
Infinite Crisis and 52...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 20
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: crisis
Meaning and definitions of crisis, translation in Afrikaans language for crisis with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of crisis in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "crisis"
What crisis means in Afrikaans, crisis meaning in Afrikaans, crisis definition, examples and pronunciation of crisis in Afrikaans language.