Noun(1) a reproduction of a written record (e.g. of a legal or school record(2) a thing made to be similar or identical to another thing(3) matter to be printed; exclusive of graphical materials(4) material suitable for a journalistic account
Verb(1) copy down as is(2) reproduce someone's behavior or looks(3) reproduce or make an exact copy of(4) make a replica of
(1) At this point, executives will be ready to begin writing advertising copy for the product.(2) the problem is telling which is the original document and which the copy(3) The industrial building, next to the villa, at first seemed to be an identical copy of the main villa.(4) This is perhaps the most fraudulent use of advertising copy on a jacket of a DVD to date.(5) Unlike the books of so many other writers, which might as well be advertising copy , Smith's work at many, many levels.(6) Other newspapers ran equally dramatic copy , using military metaphors to show the growing rift between doctors and the health secretary.(7) the original copy was destroyed(8) Some journalists are fond of staging rescue operations that make great copy for newspapers.(9) Unfortunately, I suspect that your reporter awoke from his dream after his copy had been printed?(10) They learn to copy a formula written on a blackboard.(11) the command will copy a file from one disc to another(12) They probably thought making good money writing advertising copy was about as good as the writing life gets.(13) At times, in all the last editing, all I wanted to do was bundle up every scrap of copy , every note I'd taken and carry it home, keep it safe with me.(14) That sum is how much it would cost to create an identical copy of the parliament from scratch should the controversial original be obliterated in a disaster.(15) Ali rolled her eyes, imagining being ordered to read and copy chapters about having proper posture.(16) Is killer online advertising simply shining copy and brilliant images?
(1) hard copy :: hardekopie
(2) to copy :: kopieer
(3) soft copy :: sagtekopie
(4) carbon copy :: afskrif
(5) copy and paste :: kopieer en plak
(6) copy machine :: kopie masjien
(7) blind carbon copy :: Blinde koolstofkopie
(8) draft copy :: konsep afskrif
(9) certified true copy :: gesertifiseerde ware afskrif
(10) rough copy :: rowwe kopie
1. duplicate ::
2. replica ::
3. transcript ::
4. duplicate ::
5. reproduce ::
6. imitate ::
7. replicate ::
8. re-create ::
1. archetype ::
2. original ::
3. prototype ::
copies, copy, copying, copyist, copyists
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Your maester kindly agreed
to COPY it over for me.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
that's a COPY of something
that was on pay cable.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
So that Delos
can COPY them.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
The system wouldn't
have a COPY of you.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
you want to COPY
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: copy
Meaning and definitions of copy, translation in Afrikaans language for copy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of copy in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "copy"
What copy means in Afrikaans, copy meaning in Afrikaans, copy definition, examples and pronunciation of copy in Afrikaans language.