Noun(1) navigational instrument for finding directions(2) (3) the limit of capability(4) drafting instrument used for drawing circles
Verb(1) bring about; accomplish(2) travel around, either by plane or ship(3) get the meaning of something
(1) Yet the moral of the book may be expressed within the compass of a single phrase - too much intelligence, and not enough brains.(2) The needs and expectations of the enquiring traveller change rapidly and it would be impossible to meet them all within the compass of single volumes.(3) Then, using an electronic compass and ultrasonic sensors, it cuts the area about 10 times, ensuring a minimum of missed patches.(4) Within the relatively narrow compass of Northumberland and Durham - as it must seem to us today - it might even be said that he was a great one.(5) It is, almost, within the compass of our understanding.(6) a regular heptagon cannot be constructed accurately with only ruler and compass(7) We had some sturdy white board behind a cabinet, so I brought that out for him, along with a compass , yardstick, pencil, glue, and Exacto knife.(8) While sipping hot tea, I tweak my compass declination and draw bearing lines on our map.(9) These are works of dry stone masonry meticulously assembled, some aligned directly with points of the compass .(10) Through binoculars they're visible at all points of the compass ; gawky, fragile, birdlike skeletons of metal hauling skywards monstrous slabs of concrete and steel.(11) As a musical instrument the singing voice has wide tonal compass and uniquely variable pitch, intensity, and stress.(12) Extending the photograph beyond the compass of the glance into a continuum, he presents more information than a single frame could be expected to contain.(13) Complete achievement of these objectives within the compass of one individual lifetime is never possible, of course, but that is not the point.(14) Sometimes the facts of a case may fall within the compass of both constructive and gross negligence manslaughter so that a verdict of manslaughter may be available on either of those grounds.(15) Did such matters fall within the compass of judicial review at all?(16) Can 2,000 years of church history be recorded within the compass of 200 pages?
(1) magnetic compass :: magnetiese kompas
(2) compass needle :: kompasnaald
(3) moral compass :: morele kompas
(4) compass card :: kompas kaart
(5) dipping compass :: swem kompas
(6) points of the compass :: punte van die kompas
(7) compass rose :: kompas rose
1. scope ::
2. grasp ::
3. ambit ::
4. circumnavigate ::
5. grasp ::
compass, compassed, compasses, compassing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
you've allowed Tywin Lannister to destroy
his rivals on every COMPASS point.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: compass
Meaning and definitions of compass, translation in Afrikaans language for compass with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of compass in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "compass"
What compass means in Afrikaans, compass meaning in Afrikaans, compass definition, examples and pronunciation of compass in Afrikaans language.