Noun(1) a tract of land with few or no trees in the middle of a wooded area(2) the act of freeing from suspicion(3) the act of removing solid particles from a liquid
Verb(1) rid of obstructions(2) make a way or path by removing objects(3) become clear(4) grant authorization or clearance for(5) remove(6) go unchallenged; be approved(7) be debited and credited to the proper bank accounts(8) go away or disappear(9) pass by, over, or under without making contact(10) make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear(11) free from payment of customs duties, as of a shipment(12) clear from impurities, blemishes, pollution, etc.(13) yield as a net profit(14) make as a net profit(15) earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages(16) sell
(1) At the end of at least twenty minutes of walking, we approach a clearing .(2) Now the underbrush was thickening, and suddenly I entered a small clearing surrounded by thick pine trees.(3) Coming to a clearing 's edge, they caught sight of the poacher in the distance.(4) They approached the clearing in the woods - each of them staring in awe.(5) She led them to a small, grassy clearing in the middle of a wooded area.(6) The trees around us ended, and we found ourselves in a circular clearing .(7) The three adventurers soon found themselves standing in the center of a circular clearing .(8) I left the little clearing , walking mechanically back to the hostel.(9) I was wandering one day, and I just happened upon that little clearing .(10) The large clearing was surrounding by the woods, creating a horseshoe shape.(11) When we reached a beautiful clearing in the woods, I proposed to rest.(12) A faint rustling from within the trees at the clearing 's edge signalled that they had company.(13) There, in a grassy, sunny clearing , sat an innocent little cottage.(14) They were in a clearing in the middle of a seemingly endless forest.(15) He found a grassy clearing with ease, and began gathering a pile of dead wood from the ground.(16) The large clearing in the forest was almost right out of a fairy tale.
(1) clear :: duidelik
(2) clearing house :: huis leegmaak
(3) clearing up :: opruim
(4) clearing bank :: skoonmaak bank
(5) land clearing :: skoonmaak van grond
(6) clearing agent :: klaringsagent
(7) clearing account :: skoonmaak rekening
1. opening ::
2. glade ::
5. disappear ::
6. empty ::
7. unblock ::
8. evacuate ::
9. remove ::
10. go over ::
11. acquit ::
12. authorize ::
13. net ::
14. pass ::
15. top ::
16. clear up ::
17. brighten ::
18. unclutter ::
19. make ::
20. shed light on ::
werp lig op
21. solve ::
22. exculpate ::
1. conviction ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"' alt="(CLEARING THROAT)
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
...is a large iron wedge
for CLEARING objects off the tracks.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
(CLEARING his throat)
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 14
Okay. No, no.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
Thanks for CLEARING that up.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: clearing
Meaning and definitions of clearing, translation in Afrikaans language for clearing with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of clearing in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "clearing"
What clearing means in Afrikaans, clearing meaning
in Afrikaans, clearing definition, examples and pronunciation
of clearing in Afrikaans language.