Noun(1) a foundation created to promote the public good (not for assistance to any particular individuals(2) a kindly and lenient attitude toward people(3) an activity or gift that benefits the public at large(4) pinnate-leaved European perennial having bright blue or white flowers(5) an institution set up to provide help to the needy
(1) One example of charity comes from the Christian church.(2) They fear leaving because they will be at the mercy of charity and be transformed into outcasts in their communities.(3) They also tend to give money to charity and to volunteer.(4) she found it hard to look on her mother with much charity(5) In the meantime he is a volunteer at the Manchester-based charity George House Trust.(6) This alert mother was leading her son in the practice of Christian charity .(7) Unlike in England, no firm in the private sector or millionaire-funded charity is permitted to run a school.(8) The pity he commands is closely akin to the forgiveness of Christian charity .(9) With no money and hand-me-down charity , they still manage to look 100 times more chic and svelte than the rest of us.(10) the care of the poor must not be left to private charity(11) He represents the best things in life - hope, faith, goodness, charity , kindness and love.(12) All the money goes to charity and what is not used to help out the less well-off at Christmas is distributed to Waterford charities, so all the money stays locally.(13) The charity believes helping children with their emotional problems has wider benefits for their schools and classmates.(14) I do not ask people for donations or expect charity as I think I should be responsible and work.(15) A relationship support charity urgently needs volunteer evening receptionists to work in an East Lancashire office.(16) But a company cannot function on the basis of charity and kindness.
(1) charity shop :: liefdadigheidswinkel
(2) charity work :: liefdadigheidswerk
(3) charity begins at home :: liefdadigheid begin by die huis
(4) charity organization :: liefdadigheidsorganisasie
(5) charity concert :: liefdadigheid konsert
(6) charity case :: liefdadigheid geval
(7) charity bazaar :: liefdadigheid basaar
(8) give to charity :: gee aan liefdadigheid
(9) charity school :: liefdadigheid skool
1. nonprofit organization ::
2. financial assistance ::
3. philanthropy ::
4. goodwill ::
5. jacob's ladder ::
Jakob se leer
6. brotherly love ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If I had a nickel for every time
a CHARITY sent me a nickel.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 5
It'll crush him.
Skyler, it's CHARITY.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
Want to hazard a guess
what his little CHARITY drive cost you?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
He was too proud to take
what he considered to be CHARITY.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
So we're just talking about CHARITY?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 9
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: charity
Meaning and definitions of charity, translation in Afrikaans language for charity with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of charity in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "charity"
What charity means in Afrikaans, charity meaning in Afrikaans, charity definition, examples and pronunciation of charity in Afrikaans language.