Noun(1) a workplace that serves as a telecommunications facility where lines from telephones can be connected together to permit communication
Adjective(1) serving as an essential component(2) in or near a center or constituting a center; the inner area
(1) that's the central question(2) central government(3) I can't access the central server(4) It said there was also ├ö├ç├┐an attractive shopping area around a central court.├ö├ç├û(5) Some of them were worried about what was being done to ease the situation in crowded central areas like Chikpet.(6) At this stage he took some interest in party organization and established central office in 1870.(7) The new capital required a secure and central location, easily accessible from all parts of the state.(8) In view of the time required to move to more peripheral vowel positions, tense vowels tend to be peripheral and lax vowels closer to schwa, the neutral or central vowel.(9) The central office greatly increased the districts' control and flexibility over resources.(10) Those principles are now central to determining what is due process.(11) The mobility of these groups was an essential economic strategy, central to the very nature of their profession.(12) A formal announcement would be made today after Hu was elected in Jiang's place by the 198 members of the central committee, the Post said.(13) But the principle is central to Brown's personal election campaign.(14) The Church serves members in Livingstone and as far south as Kabwe, in the central area of the country.(15) She turns up in a town called Dogville, which is not the comedy central of the USA.(16) On both counts, principles which should be central to any liberal democracy have become dangerously eroded.
(1) central heating :: sentrale verhitting
(2) central processing unit :: sentrale verwerkingseenheid
(3) central bank :: sentrale bank
(4) central nervous system :: sentrale senuweestelsel
(5) central tendency :: sentrale neiging
(6) central government :: sentrale regering
(7) central office :: sentrale kantoor
(8) central locking :: sentrale sluiting
(9) central issue :: sentrale kwessie
1. middle ::
2. inner ::
3. main ::
4. key ::
5. telephone exchange ::
1. last ::
2. least ::
central, centralism, centralist, centrality, centralization, centrally, centrals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
they found it in a Denny's
parking lot right on Central.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
Garcia's on Central. Honk once.
l'll meet you in the parking lot.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
A CENTRAL African power block is formed
colonizing North Africa and Europe.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
Central heat and air.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
Found in the Central Cordillera
of lrian Jaya.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: central
Meaning and definitions of central, translation in Afrikaans language for central with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of central in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "central"
What central means in Afrikaans, central meaning in Afrikaans, central definition, examples and pronunciation of central in Afrikaans language.