Noun(1) a rich sweet made of flavored sugar and often combined with fruit or nuts
Verb(1) coat with something sweet, such as a hard sugar glaze
(1) making candy at home is not difficult├ö├ç├Âthe key is cooking the syrup to the right temperature(2) Simple sugars such as candy and sodas will give you a quick energy high and then drop you flat in mood and strength.(3) But most cereals are full of sugar and flavored like candy , cookies or doughnuts.(4) It's much like candy in that respect, it's shiny and tasty, but not really filling.(5) Unlike refined sugars found in candy and desserts, these simple sugars bring energy in a nutritious way.(6) Although the history of pulled sugar and pulled candy goes back to the Middle Ages, rock with letters in it is probably a recent invention.(7) Chew sugarless gum, suck on sugarless candy , and drink plenty of unsweetened fluids.(8) I stocked up on some sugar free candy for the train trip, and strolled back.(9) a candy bar(10) First prize was a large piece of maple-sugar candy with walnuts.(11) Generally, these fruits are candied , but they may also be eaten fresh.(12) I had half a mind to make some kind of winter squash soup, and was toying with the idea of adding candied orange peel to make it more interesting.(13) Jetta was helping herself to some candied fruits and a summer salad.(14) Children and adults wearing braces have to be aware of candies with caramel and nuts.(15) Cardamom seeds and candied citron may be difficult to find; try the local health food store.(16) I pass the video games and unattended snack bar, noting that there are candies on display.
(1) candy shop :: lekkergoedwinkel
(2) candy store :: lekkergoed winkel
(3) cotton candy :: spookasem
(4) hard candy :: hard candy
(5) candy cane :: snoepgoed
(6) candy bar :: candy bar
(7) eye candy :: n lus vir die oog
(8) candy corn :: candy koring
(9) sugar candy :: kandijsuiker
1. bonbon ::
2. confectionery ::
3. sweet ::
4. glaze ::
5. sugarcoat ::
candies, candor, candy, candying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh, maybe it's CANDY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
Fine. Candy bars.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 15
If ifs and buts were CANDY and nuts,
we'd all have a merry Christmas.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
but still, I got a lot of CANDY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
Uh, we ran out of CANDY on Halloween,
I was just giving everything away.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: candy
Meaning and definitions of candy, translation in Afrikaans language for candy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of candy in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "candy"
What candy means in Afrikaans, candy meaning
in Afrikaans, candy definition, examples and pronunciation
of candy in Afrikaans language.