Noun(1) an edible emulsion of fat globules made by churning milk or cream; for cooking and table use(2) a fighter who strikes the opponent with his head
Verb(1) spread butter on
(1) Serve over mashed potatoes that have been whipped with lots of butter and milk or cream.(2) Staff were even instructed to cream the butter before spreading to make sure customers got even less for their money.(3) Cutting out the obvious milk, butter , cream, yoghurt, and cheese is not enough.(4) The cream, fresh butter and jam came in three separate dishes.(5) There are 20 classes for hard and soft cheeses, yoghurt, cream and butter .(6) When using butter, it is best to cream the sugar and butter for some time before combining with the flour.(7) I used to help my father from the age of 10, delivering butter and fresh cream on my bicycle.(8) Milk products were common in the form of sour cream and butter from cows and yaks.(9) Cream butter and vanilla essence in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.(10) The server returned to replace my tuna fork, but not either of the pointy knives which earlier we had been struggling to spread butter with.(11) We defined high fat dairy food as whole milk, ice cream, hard cheese, butter , and sour cream.(12) Surely it is also dedicated to getting people to buy as much milk, cheese, butter , yogurt and ice cream as possible?(13) Beat the egg yolk into the batter, followed by the sour cream and melted butter .(14) Just one tablespoon of butter , sour cream or gravy can double the calories in a potato.(15) I took no sugar, no butter and no other cooking fat of any sort because to get these rare commodities I would have had to ask Stewart to give me some.(16) Dairy products such as butter , cream, and cheese are important parts of the diet, along with pork.
(1) peanut butter :: grondboontjiebotter
(2) butter up :: heuning om die mond smeer
(3) butter churn :: botter kansellasies
(4) melted butter :: gesmelte botter
(5) peanut butter and jelly :: grondboontjiebotter en jellie
(6) butter knife :: botter mes
(7) cocoa butter :: kakao botter
(8) with butter :: met botter
(9) butter bean :: botter bone
1. butter ::
2. whey ::
3. cream ::
5. blandish ::
6. palaver ::
butter, buttered, buttering, butters
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The secret is browning the BUTTER
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
Now go get BUTTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
My ability to think
is my bread and BUTTER.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 22
Boiled? Fried up with some BUTTER?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
since peanut BUTTER
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 4
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: butter
Meaning and definitions of butter, translation in Afrikaans language for butter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of butter in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "butter"
What butter means in Afrikaans, butter meaning in Afrikaans, butter definition, examples and pronunciation of butter in Afrikaans language.