Noun(1) a cleaning implement for sweeping; bundle of straws or twigs attached to a long handle(2) any of various shrubs of the genera Cytisus or Genista or Spartium having long slender branches and racemes of yellow flowers(3) common Old World heath represented by many varieties; low evergreen grown widely in the northern hemisphere
Verb(1) sweep with a broom or as if with a broom(2) finish with a broom
(1) A few suggested some places I could store my curling broom .(2) Girl B is meanwhile sweeping the floors with a long handle broom .(3) Extremely narrow fairways and tiny greens mean the Scotch broom , beach grass and native rhododendron will snag anything off line.(4) No matter how much you love the stone and broom game, when it takes priority in the biggest country in the Commonwealth, you can see why critics feel able to snipe.(5) No flower born in the summertime was missing from it, not even the flower of the broom , the violet, the periwinkle, or any yellow, indigo, or white flower.(6) Brush with a broom to remove loose mold from outer covering.(7) Next, apply the sealer according to manufacturer's instructions with a brush, broom or paint roller.(8) Movement caught my attention and I looked up to see my cousin's girlfriend approach with a broom , a mop, a bucket and a scrub brush.(9) Mona broke off two of the thick twigs from her broom , and handed one to him.(10) Instead, I wearily picked up a broom , each sweep of the brush accompanied by a muttered curse on all builders.(11) Although a pressure washer is more efficient in removal of dirt and debris, scrubbing the inside with a long-handled broom and a mild soap is acceptable.(12) Included in this exhibition is their Regina Bench made from wood and broom bristles.(13) If a rougher texture is called for use a stiff brush or broom in a similar manner.(14) The borders are pretty much full of the usual sort of things: cherry trees, broom , hawthorn, raspberries, rhubarb, pyracantha, clematis, birch, and like so.(15) Alina proceeded to hit Liana lightly with the bristles of the broom .(16) Men with brooms tried valiantly to sweep excess rainwater off the stage but it was a losing battle.
(1) whisk broom :: klits besem
(2) push broom :: druk besem
(3) broom closet :: besem kas
(4) broom cupboard :: besemkas
(5) small broom :: klein besem
(6) butcher's broom :: slagter se besem
1. besom ::
2. push broom ::
3. corn broom ::
4. whisk broom ::
5. sweep ::
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: broom
Meaning and definitions of broom, translation in Afrikaans language for broom with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of broom in Afrikaans and in English language.
Tags for the entry "broom"
What broom means in Afrikaans, broom meaning in Afrikaans, broom definition, examples and pronunciation of broom in Afrikaans language.