Noun(1) a very young child (birth to 1 year(2) the youngest member of a group (not necessarily young(3) an immature childish person(4) an unborn child; a human fetus(5) a very young mammal(6) a project of personal concern to someone
Verb(1) treat with excessive indulgence
(1) Top and tail the green beans, peel the baby onions or cut the spring onion into 2.5cm pieces.(2) don't be such a baby!(3) Maybe I shouldn't be such a baby about things, but I am upset with my doctor's office right now.(4) she had a baby(5) I'll have another drink, baby(6) She's telling me to acknowledge the sister and she's also bringing up the baby of the family.(7) Next day I simply emptied the bag into the prepared pot, stirred to brown and then added two big sliced onions and a few diced baby carrots.(8) Two have already left home and the baby in our family is 13.(9) Lunch could be salmon fillet with orange couscous and baby carrots.(10) It's my baby so I don't really have any time for any other bands.(11) Because of the children and the difficulties of taking a tiny baby and a young toddler together up and down the stairs, she did not get out much.(12) He's from a family of five tennis players, Tracy Austin, the baby of the family.(13) The spring veggies were another hit: baby carrots, asparagus, French greens and corn in light soy sauce.(14) From what Jim told him, Hannah Dawson is the baby of the family.(15) Stop being such a baby .(16) And while I was there, I decided to pick up a few bags of pretzels and some of those baby carrots.
(1) baby girl :: baba meisie
(2) baby boy :: baba seuntjie
(3) poor baby :: swak baba
(4) baby sister :: babasussie
(5) baby face :: baba gesig
(6) baby boomer :: baby boomer
(7) little baby :: klein baba
(8) baby bottle :: baba bottel
(9) baby food :: babakos
1. miniature ::
2. infant ::
3. sissy ::
4. child ::
5. babe ::
6. pamper ::
7. featherbed ::
babies, baby, babyhood, babying, babyish
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
- Meet you outside in two minutes.
- Team Baby, go!
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
♪ Cherry, BABY
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
uh, 'cause you're being
kind of a BABY about it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 1
with the BABY coming,
I figured they could use some extra help.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: baby
Meaning and definitions of baby, translation in Afrikaans language for baby with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of baby in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "baby"
What baby means in Afrikaans, baby meaning
in Afrikaans, baby definition, examples and pronunciation
of baby in Afrikaans language.