Noun(1) a person who joins with others in some activity or endeavor(2) a friend who is frequently in the company of another(3) a person with subordinate membership in a society, institution, or commercial enterprise(4) any event that usually accompanies or is closely connected with another(5) a degree granted by a two-year college on successful completion of the undergraduates course of studies
Verb(1) make a logical or causal connection(2) keep company with; hang out with(3) bring or come into association or action
Adjective(1) having partial rights and privileges or subordinate status
(1) The associate director does not think users will have any problems with the software, with the exception that some messages will be mistakenly labelled as spam.(2) She turned the phrase over in her mind, trying to associate this broken city with the word ├ö├ç├┐home├ö├ç├û.(3) Along with its associate organisations in Karnataka's Jungle Lodges and Resorts, it is also spreading eco-logic in a very pragmatic, and entertaining way.(4) For example, if a student is majoring in engineering or nursing, it's quicker to skip the associate 's degree and concentrate on work toward the bachelor's degree.(5) Right now I am currently attempting to graduate from college with an associate 's degree, and I am in the delayed-entry program for the United States Air Force.(6) The latter date also applies to contracts between covered entities and their business partners that fall within HIPAA's definition of a business associate .(7) This is to inform you of my decision to retire from my position as an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.(8) ├ö├ç├┐People always associate inner cities with social problems, but there are a lot of good things about these areas,├ö├ç├û he said.(9) The traditional pattern for a transfer student is to complete an associate 's degree then matriculate to the four-year institution.(10) Thus a typical for-profit college is much more likely than their public or private nonprofit counterparts to confer both associate and bachelor's degrees.(11) Most tribal colleges offer accredited two-year associate of arts degrees, though as many as six now offer four-year degrees.(12) Some reverse transfers complete an associate 's degree but do not seek transfer to a four-year college, while other reverse transfers later re-enroll at a four-year college.(13) They may be sitting on the fence at the moment because it may be their friend or associate .(14) Yes, I started as an associate editor.(15) We also have associate members who are not yet of retirement age but are approaching it with some trepidation.(16) I'd like to associate myself with what Peadar said
(1) associate with :: assosieer met
(2) sales associate :: verkope assosieer
(3) business associate :: sakevennoot
(4) research associate :: navorsingsassistent
(5) associate director :: mede-direkteur
(6) associate professor :: medeprofessor
(7) associate member :: assosiaatlid
(8) associate dean :: mede-dekaan
(9) associate editor :: mederedakteur
1. partner ::
2. companion ::
3. link ::
4. mix ::
5. affiliate ::
6. consort ::
7. consociate ::
1. part ::
2. section ::
3. separate ::
4. sever ::
5. split ::
6. sunder ::
associate, associated, associates, associating
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You want your criminal ASSOCIATE
taken into police custody?
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
They say he's a known cutthroat
and your close ASSOCIATE.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
My ASSOCIATE, Angela.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 2
Your ASSOCIATE, Goodman's fixer--
What's his name?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 13
Hank and Steve Gomez are working
with a former ASSOCIATE of Walt's,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
English to Afrikaans Dictionary: associate
Meaning and definitions of associate, translation in Afrikaans language for associate with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of associate in Afrikaans and in English
Tags for the entry "associate"
What associate means in Afrikaans, associate meaning
in Afrikaans, associate definition, examples and pronunciation
of associate in Afrikaans language.